Monday, December 8, 2008

Starting to Feel Like I'm Pregnant with Triplets

Last Thursday we had our regular two week checkup. This time we did not do the regular ultrasound, but just saw the doctor. She looked me over and checked me out, and everything is still looking good. Since it is too hard to determine which baby they are getting over the fetal heart monitor she used a small ultrasound machine to check for movement of each one. And of course they were all dancing up a storm, but I could have told her that! Then for fun we measured my belly. She said that if I were carrying just one baby I measured at 27 weeks pregnant. So even though I was only 19 weeks at the time, I looked like I was 27 weeks! That's a whole two months farther along then I really am! I can't imagine what I will measure at when I am actually at 27 weeks. I am sure by then I will look like I am full term and about ready to explode at any minute!

It also seems that the more prego I look the less energy I have. I am trying so hard to get everything organized in case I would ever have to end up on bed rest, but it is really getting hard to not want to take a nap when Liv does. Not that I would actually end up falling asleep. That is something else that is already getting hard to come by. Even when I am exhausted my mind doesn't want to stop or I can't get comfortable. One good thing is that my appetite is great, but the down side of that is that I am starting to get acid reflux, and that too is starting to effect my sleeping. And then there is the lower back pain that has decided to come back! But honestly the worst part is that it is getting harder and harder to pick up and hold Liv. At nap time or night time I can hardly bend over far enough to lay her down in her crib. I kind of just have to drop her in there. I am truly dreading the day when mommy has to tell her that she can't pick her up because her belly is too big!

But just think, there are only 16 more weeks until I reach my goal of going 36 weeks. Then I can have my babies and all will back to normal. HA!!!

2 comments:

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

I want to see some belly pictures! We've been praying for you! Any name ideas yet?! Love you all!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

I want to see belly pics too! Get clickin' away! Praying for you daily and love reading your updates.

2 Weeks!