Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Long Overdue Update

We sincerely apologize to all of you loyal followers of the blog for the long gap in between updates. Obviously we have had our hands full with our three new additions to the Sadler family. We have had all three of the kids home for for 3 1/2 weeks now. Hayden got to come home first, two whole weeks before her other sister and brother. The doctors at the U of I were not ready to send Jonathan and Hannah home with them still having breathing spells. So Hayden got all kinds of special attention for two weeks before the others came home.

They are doing pretty well at home, not sleeping, but doing well. We have them on a schedule where they are eating every 3-5 hours. So we usually are only getting up twice during the night to do feedings around 1:30 or 2:00am and then again around 5:30 or 6:00am. Sometimes one, two or all three will not settle down after a feeding, which will make for a long night. Overall, they are doing excellent.

Olivia is handling the new babies very well and likes to love on them, cover them with blankets and rock their bouncers (sometimes she doesn't know her own strength). Sue Ann is supermom, but still needs help while I am at work. Audrey's Care Pages had truly been a blessing with many people signing up to help with the babies, clean, bring meals or just give us a night out. I probably stress out the most when things get a little crazy, but I will adjust to the madness. I probably picked a bad time to quit chewing (tobacco); maybe that is why I am all stressed out. It will be four weeks tobacco free on Friday!!

Anyways thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers and all the volunteering of your time to help our family. We cannot express how much it has meant to us. Thank you.

Adam

3 comments:

Mike, Jen, and Graydon said...

so glad ya'll are doing well! Wish we lived close still so we could help! Congrats on 4 weeks! That's awesome!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Y'all are awesome and doing such a great job! And good to see you are kicking that habit - gross, sick, nasty! ;) We love you and are praying for you daily! Hang in there - you are doing great!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

LOVED reading an update! I think of you and pray for you often - especially when Im up for middle of the night feedings. You are both AMAZING parents.
And way to go Adam! Proud of you for kicking tabacco to the curb! :)
Love you all dearly!

2 Weeks!