Hard to believe, but the babies are already four months old and Olivia is about to turn TWO! As I'm sure you can imagine things are pretty crazy around our house these days, and my days of weekly blog updates are long, long gone! But as we start to get into more of routine things are getting easier, or maybe just more predictable, either way reality has long set in and we are still alive! But we honestly can't thank our family, friends, and nanny enough for all their help! I am pretty sure if it wasn't for them Adam and I would have checked ourselves into the nut house long ago!
So as the bottles are warming in the crock pot I'll give you update on what's been going on.
Olivia will turn two on August 2nd and I hate to say it but I am already starting to see a glimmer of those terrible two's. Do not get me wrong though...Liv is a smart, energetic, outgoing, beautiful little girl that loves everyone including her new brother and sisters. But I am starting to hear the words; mine, no touch, and stop quite a bit these days. This summer she has continued to go to Somersaults, that is little kid gymnastics, which she loves. She has so much fun jumping around, hanging from bars, doing somersaults, and singing the "bye-bye" song at the end of the 30 minutes. And I have to admit, I love taking her. Her vocabulary has really grown too and she soaks in every word you say. I've started trying to work with her on colors and shapes this last couple weeks, but it seems like everything is yellow, even shapes!
As for the babes, they just keep growing! They had their four month check up today and all did very well. Hannah is 11lbs 4oz and 23 inches long. Hayden is 11lbs 12oz and 23 3/4 inches long. And Jonathan is 14lbs 3oz and 25 inches long! The girls are still on the lower side of the scales but are on the charts! And Jonathan (Big Boy) you would never guess he was born 53 days premature! He is right on target for his height and weight.
From right to left you have Hannah, Olivia, Hayden, Owen, and Jonathan. On this night Liv's cousin Owen and Aunt Jocelyn came over to help with Olivia and the babies while Adam played baseball. The night went really good until Jonathan decided to projectile vomit all over myself, himself, and the the living room floor!
Here is a picture of the girls playing with my mom. I believe Hannah is on the right and Hayden is on the left, but don't hold me to it!
Hayden is swinging in her swing. She tends to be a little more serious, but she gives up smiles pretty easily. She seems to be a little of both Hannah and Jonathan all wrapped into one. Such a sweetie!
Oh Big Boy! Jonathan seems to be the loud one of the group. (I think he is taking his ques from his big sis Olivia!) He was smiling first, cooing first, and giggling first. But you don't want to be around when he gets hungry or mad because he will let you have it!
All of them are smiling and giggling a bit. And they can sit in their bumbo seats and hold their heads up. They have also started to reach for toys and they love to try to fit their hands into their mouths. They all eat five times a day and are tentatively sleeping through the night. Down to bed around 10:30 pm and then they are up and having their first bottle of the day around 8:30 am. Usually one of the girls will get up first around 5:30 am but we have been able to get them back to bed until the rest wake up, so that has truly been a blessing.
So all in all, things are going very well. We definitely have our moments good and bad, but each day we survive makes the next day a little easier to get through.


4 comments:
Friend they are just beautiful! All 4 of them!!! I still can't believe you guys have 4 kiddos! They look and sound like they are doing great, you guys are such awesome parents! I love that Liv still sucks on her soothie, it brings back SC memories!! She was my very first bottle feeding, diaper change etc! Miss you guys terribly!!! Someday you gotta get that family on a plane and come to SA (a girl can dream right?) Take care of you!!!! Tell Adam we say hi!
Thanks for the update! I can't believe how big they have gotten since I was over!
Love the update! You guys are amazing! The babies and Miss Olivia are so precious! We love you guys and continue to pray for you!
I can not get over how precious they are!! So stinkin cute!! Love their sweet little faces!
And cant believe Liv will be 2!!
Yall are super parents! We love you to pieces and think & pray for you often!
Post a Comment