Monday, February 22, 2010

Okay, So The Worst Blogger Award Goes To......

I think we all know the answer to that one! I've been stressing out over how far behind I've gotten but I think I have just decided to start fresh. Of course I will give you a quick recap on what has been happening around here the last few months but then after that I am just going go with the flow and not worry about how far behind I am in anything! Hey, I've got four kids, right! But honestly, I really hate to use them for an excuse when it comes to my being unmotivated.
So here what has been going on in the Sadler Fun House!


Olivia continues to amaze me! Those of you that know her know how much she loves to talk, sing, dance, play, read books, and watch movies. She has a wonderful imagination and seems to be very smart. Or at least her mom and dad think so! Something that she really loves going to this winter is her Music Together class that the Cedar Rapids Symphony puts together. Her class meets once a week, and they sing songs, play with different instruments (this section is on drums, so we get to play with a lot of different percussion instruments), and we do lots of movement, dancing and actions to the songs. She has so much fun and gets so excited to when we tell her that it time to go to "Music Class" I'm so glad we decided to give it a try. Olivia is also starting to use the potty more. So hopefully in a couple more weeks she will be ready to kick the diapers and permanently move into "underpants".


Somethings that Hannah is doing these days is crawling, pulling her self up on things, scaling across furniture and gates, and cutting teeth. She has one top front tooth that has come in but is working on the other one. No bottom teeth yet! Hannah, can also clap her hands and loves to pose for pictures. You say cheese and she smile and poses. Too Cute.


Hayden is our daredevil. She too is crawling, pulling herself up and scaling things. She has two top teeth and is cutting one bottom front tooth as of right now. She is really starting to ham things up too now.

Jonathan, continues to grow and shows no signs of ever being 8 weeks early! He too is crawling, pulling himself up, and zooms across the gate and furniture. He is also getting very good at standing without holding on to things, and I think we will see him walking very soon! He will take a step here or there to come to mommy but then falls to the floor to crawl the rest of the way. And as exciting as that is, it also makes me very nervous for the next stage we are about to enter!!!

We have our next check up on the 10th and I am excited to see how much they have grown over the last three months! Oh, and as for talking...there is a lot of blah, blah, blah's, and screams, and a few da da da's and a couple of ma ma ma's. And when they are eating something that they find extra delicious its "mmm, mmm, mmmm!!!"

As for mom and dad...

Adam will be wrapping up his 2nd year back at Sadler Power Train and he has been very busy. He seems to have learned a great deal about their family business these past two years and to me it shows. Adam does many different things there...he works in the warehouse, behind the parts counter, and he delivers parts...he does a lot of their promotional work, creates their newsletters and fliers, and now he is starting to do some sales too! They are also launching a new website http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/ that they have been working very hard on.


Adam is also about to embark on a new adventure as well. Well, maybe not new, but he is going to be coaching the 9th grade baseball team at Prairie this summer. I know what some of you are thinking, "What? How does he have time to do that?" and "I can't believe you are going to let him do that!" But I have to tell you it was my idea. I heard that the position was open from a friend and deep down I knew that Adam probably missed coaching, so I told him about it. And maybe I am crazy for telling him to go for it, but baseball has been such a big part of his life, and it was a big part of ours too, I just felt like it was something that he might want to do. And its not a long commitment like coaching at a college is.

Some other things Adam has been up to this winter is playing basketball on Tuesday nights with the guys, and he has started the P90X workout. I believe is on week five of the workout and he is starting to see some really good results! Or at least I think so!


So, what have I been up to? Well, besides the hustle and bustle of babies and a toddler, not much. I'm completing my third year as a stay at home mom and besides the work load tripling, not a whole lot new here. Something that I really enjoyed this last winter besides watching my four beautiful children grow, was going on a nice, relaxing, wonderfully quiet vacation with my wonderful husband and our friends, Austin and Ashley Evans of Texas. We spent a whole week in Grand Cayman and it was amazing. Don't get me wrong, I did miss my babies (I called or texted at least once a day) but I so needed a little R&R! Funny thing is Adam and I never slept in that whole week. We were always up by 7:00. We would have a nice quiet breakfast on the screened in patio and then just sit there. It was wonderful! Now every once in a while when things are starting to get crazy I just take a little trip down memory lane to that very quiet vacation.



Something new I have started doing is going to some Bible study classes at the church we have been attending. The first one I went to was a study from the book, For Women Only, which talked about why guys are the way they. I'm sure a lot of you have read books on that topic, but for me it was the first time it made real sense. It wasn't just about why guys are guys, it was more about why God made men the way they are and how to deal with it as a wife. It was a good study and I totally recommend it! And now I am reading a book called Heaven by Randy Alcorn. It too has really opened my eyes to what the bible says Heaven is going to be like. I think it is really going to be amazing! The book itself can be a little hard to read at times and repetitive, but I think he does that for a reason. So this too I would recommend!


So I guess that is all for now!


Stay tuned to see how the babies 1st Birthday went! Hopefully it won't take me another five months to post about it!

3 comments:

Mike, Jen, and Graydon said...

so really, I think I should get the worst blogger award! You've blogged several more times than I have, and you have three more kiddos than I do! Loved reading all the updates! Can't believe the babies are already one! Time sure flies! Hope we get to see ya'll soon, any trips planned?

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

You are an amazing wife, mother and friend! after hearing about adam doing p90x i thought to myself "wow...what a nice wife to let him take the time to do that!" ;) so i gave in and supported matt on wanting to start p90x back up again. ha! i figured if y'all can manage it all with 4 then we can make it happen with 1! we think about you guys often. y'all are awesome and we love and adore y'all so much!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

LOVED the update! Olivia is beauitful and love all the fun things the trips are up to! We cant wait to come visit this summer!! Brooke is ready to play!

You and Adam are the greatest! Glad that youre both able to do fun things - baseball and bible studies! And Im going to look into those books!

We think of Cayman often - such a fun trip with our favorite friends! Miss yall tons!

2 Weeks!