Monday, July 12, 2010

A Glimpse Into the Future

As most of you know Adam has been coaching the 9th grade baseball team at Prairie. Tonight they had a their end of the season party AT OUR HOUSE! It was actually a lot of fun to see all these kids here. They watched the Home Run Derby, had a soccer tournament in our backyard, and played old school RBI Baseball on Nintendo (that's right, NINTENDO). We got 8 pizzas and 4 orders of bread sticks from Little Caesar's. I made a batch of cookies, and I kid you not that they were gone in less then a minute. 20 cookies, gone in less then 60 seconds! Thanks, Betty Crocker! The only part that I didn't like is when they would call me, "Mrs. Sadler." There is nothing like adding a few years to your age then being called Mrs! (That is unless you are a teacher.)

A few of the boys watching the derby.
Playing soccer
 
Playing RBI
Watching "the boys" and eating a cookie. Liv was just as fast to grab a cookie as "the boys" were. She had a lot of fun and kept calling them "the boys." Too cute! 
Look at all these shoes! I couldn't believe all the big shoes that suddenly resigned at every door.
More shoes at the garage door.
Shoes at front door.
Liv standing next to dad as they watch the Home Run Derby.

So when it was all said and done I felt like we got a little glimpse into the future. When Nicole and I were putting the babies to bed she said that she thinks our house will be the house were everyone will want to hang out. My first thought was that I'm going to have to get a job just so we have enough food. Then, my second thought was that it would actually be pretty cool if we were that house. I mean, having the never ending flow of kids running through your house all the time would get annoying, but being able to keep an eye on what is going on with our kids and being in the know, definitely worth it. So I guess if this was a glimpse, I don't think it will be all that bad. Unless, they keep calling me Mrs. Sadler!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mike, Jen, and Graydon said...

Too funny! Love you Mrs. Sadler!!!

Erika H said...

I agree with you 100% Mrs Sadler :-) John and I hope that our house is the hang out for the kids too, I don't need my kids doing what we were doing in a much bigger town!

2 Weeks!