Then today in the shower (at 4:30pm, not by choice) I was dreaming of vacations and quietness. When it dawned on me...I have not been alone in my house for over a year. It has probably been about 15 months to be exact. Think about that. Think about the last time you were alone in your very own house? No kids, no husband, OK your husband can stay, but you're ALONE. When was the last time? Please let me know. I want to know if I am just being stupid about this, or if this is something normal for people with kids. I know, I know, our situation is different. Trust me, I get that. But really a whole YEAR! My OWN house! I don't know why I am complaining about it though. I don't even know what I would do if I had the whole house to myself. I would probably end up cleaning, and right now I'm not a big fan of that! I am so sick of picking up I could puke! But if you let it go, even for a day, it's just not worth it.
Let's see what else can I complain about while I'm at it? Hmm...OH! Why do I feel like a freakin' chef all the sudden?! These kids eat so much it is unreal. I feel like I'm cooking up five course meals three times a day! Well, except for Olivia, all she will eat is cereal, cottage cheese, string cheese, celery, chippy's, cookies, and ice cream. And that is exactly why I am cooking them up all these crazy meals that I, myself, would probably never eat, because I am trying to keep their taste buds open to other things other then what Olivia eats. And you know, I don't know if I would mind so much if I knew how much was going to go into their mouths, and not the floor. I've been noticing too that Jonathan is getting more and more picky these days. He is already so much like Olivia I wonder if I will be dealing with meal time drama with him in the near future. Seriously, this girl would rather go take a nap then try a bite of mac-n-cheese (which she use to love)! It is maddening! I've tried begging, bribing, and yelling, and all it ends up doing is leaving one of us in tears. Usually her, but sometimes me.
Okay, since writing all this out I'm thinking of a new plan. First, find some sleeping pills until I can get in a weekend trip to Chicago for shopping and some serious spa time. Second, have Nicole worry about the meals and mess when she is working. And Third, pawn ALL the kids off on friends and relatives for a night! Hey, a girl can dream can't she! :) Wow, just dreaming about it is making me feel better already!
Seriously though, think about when the last time you had your house all to yourself and for how long, and let me know by posting a comment down below. I'd love to see the results!
Here is a picture of the kids in their new boosters. I got new ones because our old ones wouldn't slide under the table. And I hoping that someday we can get rid of the trays!
Look at Hayden's belly. Covered in food, so gross!
Olivia actually eating something for once.
Oh, Big Boy, it's going to be okay!

4 comments:
You are allowed to vent! I don't know how you do it! Hang in there! Call me if you wanna do lunch someday!
I wish the kiddos could stay a night at our house - I would do it for you in a heart beat!
We havent been home alone since Brooke was born either, but thats another situation - we only have one :) Makes a HUGE difference!
You are an AMAZING mom! You have tons of prayers headed your way! And I for sure think you need a spa weekend - Adam?? :)
Love you to pieces my dear friend - and find some good sleeping drugs!
Ok, so I feel for you my dear! But I have to admit this post does make me giggle quite a bit only because I thought that my kid was the only one that did all of that and that I was the only one that felt that way sometimes :-)
And you don't want to know how many times we have had the house to ourselves since Van has been born, hey if my parents want him for a night or two by all means I know he will be back. I call a few hundred times but it is peaceful!
And speaking of the messes, why worry about it.. I only clean when special company is coming over otherwise you get it the way that it is :-)
I really hope that we can come over and see you 5 before the summer is over! I will keep on trying!
Hang in there! Call me anytime!
Sounds like you need a vacay to TEXAS! That solves everything! ;)
Haven't had a night at home alone much less a night away at all since Owen has been born. But one kid is a tad different than four. Right? ;)
Matt takes Owen on a run just about everyday to give me a little break. However, sometimes the 30-60minute break doesn't cut it. And it's hardly a "break". I'm usually scrambling to make dinner or finish laundry. ha!
All in all, those breaks are important and much needed. Love ya friend - miss ya too! Praying!
Post a Comment