As some of you already now Adam and I are pregnant again, but what some of you may not have heard yet (which I doubt) is that we are having multiples. And I'm not talking twins! Adam and I are working on triplets. Yes, your read that correctly, TRIPLETS! How that happened, we are still trying to figure that out. I wasn't on any fertility drugs and triplets definitely don't run in either of our families, so I would have to say that this was just the work of God.
We had our first appointment with our doctor last week, and after she had finished her exam she asked if I think I might be farther along that what we had expected. I said that it could be possible and then she said or you could be having multiples. We just laughed and said yeah, right. Then she tried to find a heartbeat, but was only able to get one for about a half a second. So she decided that I should come in next week to get an ultrasound to double check the dating.
So, yesterday Adam and I went in to see the Ultrasound Tech. After I had hopped up on the table she asked if this was just for dating and Adam and I said yes, and then we joked about how the doctor said that otherwise it could be multiples. So, the tech says, "Well lets just see what we can find." Then she puts the thing on my belly. I am looking at the screen and Adam is looking at her. Immediately I see what she sees, and she starts counting, "One...Two...oh, Three!" And without looking at the screen Adam stands up and gets about three feet from her face and says, "You are lying to me! Are you kidding? You are lying!" And she says, "No, I'm not. There is three." And me still in shock grab Adam's arm and point to monitor saying, "Honey, look there really is three!" Then there was a lot of laughing, crying, silence, and questions for the next 30 minutes while she took pictures of them all and made sure they had all there parts. It was crazy! We saw all THREE heartbeats and saw all SIX arms and legs. They looked like they were having a pretty good time in there. Lots of movement!
After coming to terms with the fact that we are going to have triplets (which surprisingly didn't take that long) we shifted our focus to the health of these babies. So that is our number one concern at this point.
Now today we had an appointment with our doctor. She said that all the babies had healthy heartbeats, looked good, and were the right size. So those were very big pluses. She also said that since I had a healthy pregnancy and delivery with Olivia that was also a big plus. And she says that because I seemed healthy to begin with that was a plus as well. So those are all good things. But because I am now considered high risk, I will have appointments every two weeks and then the closer I get they will move them up to every week. But the good news is that even though I am considered high risk as of right now, I have no restrictions on what I can or can't do.
The doctor did share with us that our due date is the same, end of April, but that if we can carry them until the end of March (about 36 weeks) that would be awesome. She also said that with triplets you end up delivering around 28 to 36 weeks, so that means that if all goes well we could even have them late February early March. Anything earlier then that the more complications there will be. So now we pray for a long, healthy pregnancy, no matter how miserable I get.
I would have to say that Adam is really handling this all very well. He has been so supportive and understanding. I couldn't have asked for a better partner. And as for Olivia, she has no idea what is about to happen to her. But now I know why God has blessed us with such a wonderful little girl. She is going to do great.
I will try my hardest to keep my blog updated as best I can. This is just such a blessing and miracle that I want to share it with everyone.
Nicaragua Trip ~ Part 3
2 years ago

4 comments:
So excited about the Triplets!! Baby Evans will have 3 new best friends for family vacations! :) You two will be the most amazing and loving parents to those 3 little ones!
OMG! SueAnn! I can't believe you are going to have triplets! Amazing! You already are a great mom and will do just fine with 3 more. Congratulations! We need to get together sometime soon. I have been so busy with school and work. Sucks! Keep me updated! I will pray for 3 healthy babies! Will you find out the sex! I still am in shock! Wow!
I found your blog through ashley's and look forward to hearing all the fun stories of carrying triplets! i can't even begin to imagine what a shock that must have been but what an amazing blessing!
Sue Ann
I have been really slack about checking my e mail so the triplets are news to me. I can't believe it. I hope everything goes well and I will be praying for you to have a long and healthy pregnancy.
Stacey
Post a Comment