By the time Adam's mom got to our house to stay with Olivia it was already a little after 11:00pm. When we finally got to the hospital around 11:45pm and checked into Labor & Delivery I was still contracting and my cervix had dilated to 5 cm! So they moved some people around and by 12:45 they were wheeling me back to Operating Room 2 and prepping me for surgery! Adam and I were shocked! We couldn't believe that this was it, this was really happening, and it was happening NOW! We were both thinking that we would come in and maybe after a few hours they would bring us back, but that was obviously not the case!
Once they got me back to the OR they immediately started the spinal block, so that I wouldn't feel anything during the surgery. But as soon as that started to kick in I started not to feel so well. My blood pressure really dropped and I thought I was going to die! They gave me something else to help but in the meantime they hadn't brought Adam in yet and Hannah's heart rate dropped into the 70's. It wasn't probably a minute later when my BP was back up and they started the c-section. When they announced that they were cutting into my uterus I was asking were Adam was. They said he was on his way, and right as the nurse was bringing him in they were pulling out Hannah! He just about didn't get there in time. I think things were progressing faster then we all had anticipated due to the sudden drop in my BP, leading to Hannah's drop in her heart rate. But all was well and on March 4th at 1:06am Hannah was poked from her waters! Then very soon after Hayden was born at 1:07am, and not even a minute later Jonathan was born! I couldn't see them but I could hear them crying. And what a wonderful feeling that was to hear their tiny little voices! Then as they they stitching me up they wheeled them over one at a time so that I could see them before they took them back to the NICU. They were so beautiful and I wanted to hold them so bad! It felt like I was dreaming! The doctors all commented on how well they looked and how healthy they seemed. Here are some pictures of them while they are still in the operating room getting all cleaned up and checked out!
(One of our little girls!)
(Jonathan)
Adam got to go back to the NICU with them while they finished their work on me. It was a little after 2:00am once they finished their work on me and I was back in the recovery room. Then at about 4:30am my legs were just awake enough for them to let me see the babies before they would wheel me to the Mother Baby Unit.
So that was our early morning on March 4th. What a blessed day!

6 comments:
Yes, what a blessed day! I have tears in my eye. Loved reading the details. I can't wait to meet all your precious little angels.
Wow! What a crazy night!! CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to be able to meet them!
I was so teary reading this - what an amazing blessing and we cant wait to meet your little miracles! They are precious and you look AMAZING! We love you!!
What a beautiful threesome and SueAnn I'm so proud of your courage and common sense and Adam you did it all Great! Has Olivia seen her siblings? I'm so excited to see you all. The babies look so healthy and normal and perfect. Congrats on all of it!
Love you
Aunt debi
ps. going to jims first game tonight. jeepers boys!
Congratulations! Thank goodness you went to the hospital when you did, WOW! Glad to hear everyone is doing well and everything went great for you. The babies are beautiful, and Jonathan is handsome :). Hope to see you in the Multipals group soon! So glad we met at St. Luke's in the Multipals class.
Take care,
Megan
Congratulations Adam, SueAnn & Olivia!! What an amazing blessing, I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing good! Keep the posts coming, when you have time =) Hope to talk to you soon.
Kristi
(mom to 2 1/2 yr old BGG trips)
Post a Comment