Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby News

Yeah, we made it to 28 weeks! We were so excited and relieved. Yesterdays appointment went well. They started off by doing growth scans on all three babies. Baby A is at 2 lbs 2 oz, Baby C is at 2 lbs 8 oz, and Baby B (the boy) is at 3 lbs 2 oz. And while they had all grown well since the last growth scan Baby A's heart rate was a little low. So after some discussion they decided to have us go back into ultrasound and have biophysical profiles done on all the babies. A biophysical is an in depth ultrasound that focuses on each one of the babies. They will watch and scan each baby for up to 30 minutes looking at heart rates, breathing, fluid, and movement. If one of the babies does not score high enough on those things then they will send me over to labor and delivery and deliver the babies. Thankfully, they all scored 100%, but we were told that from now on they would do these tests every week and that I should pack a bag and bring it with in case it was time.

I can't tell you how real things started to feel at that very moment. I won't lie, these last two weeks I have really started to feel like I was pregnant with triplets, the aches and pains, the lack of sleep, the heartburn, the nesting, not to mention the huge belly I'm sporting these days. But I have always felt that I had some time before it was time for their arrival. After all I am only 28 weeks pregnant and my original due date was for April 26th! Now they are saying it could be any week! I am trying my hardest not to freak out and remain as calm as possible. I think we are pretty well prepared, but then at the same time I feel totally unprepared. I mean how do you really prepare to have three babies at one time! Especially when you have a little one down the hall that has decided to make sleeping through the night a thing of the past! (I blame that on Adam's Christmas letter bragging about what a good sleeper she is!)

So yeah, the good news is that the babies are all doing very well, and the other news is that someone may have to check me into the loony bin before they even get here! Oh, and if you are wondering how Adam is doing with all of this...he is either getting really good at hiding his emotions in order to keep me from losing it, or he is doing a terrific job of excepting all of this and is ready for the challenges ahead!

9 comments:

Mike, Jen, and Graydon said...

We're praying for you hun! Hang in there! I can't help but notice that the poll is at 100% for people wanting to know the names you guys have picked! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

hi sue!! i get on here at least once a week to see how the sadler family is holding on!! but as you understand i always have someone more interested in the computer :) im so glad to hear that you made it to the 28 week mark! you will do awesome with all of this! you are in the right mind frame and adam will be an awesome support! claire and i are coming down the last weekend in feb. to stay with my sister. if your still with babies i want to stop and see you!! i have a gift (or 3) for you, which im sure they wont use for awhile! were praying for you and your incubator belly to stay strong for awhile longer! ill talk to you soon!
love. amber

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Of course we want to know the names!!! So happy that you made it past the 28 week mark. What a blessing! You and Adam are doing great and will continue to do so! We love you both dearly and are praying for you daily!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue, we're all still thinking and praying for you and the little ones. I talked to Amber the other day when I was over to see her and Claire and she was all up for a road trip to help out when the trips get home. So count us in and we'll check with Erica. I hope that your party goes well tonight and call if you need anything! Love you!

Anonymous said...

pray is what i will do continuasly for you all. one day at a time or one hour or even a couple minutes. if you need some help over a weekend call. PEANUT needs all the love and attention too. and i'm sure she is getting it. be strong or try to be talk to people about what you need to, you're human you know. have fun with queenie and korey. love you all sooooooooooo much debi

Anonymous said...

you know i'm computer illiterate, so is the names thing just a vote or can you find out your picks?

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

You and Adam are going to be the greatest parents to these three little ones. Praying for you and the babies and that they continue to cook!

Mike, Jen, and Graydon said...

I love love love that picture of Liv! She is too cute! You can just see the excitement of holding three babies oozing right out of her!!! JK She will love them and is going to be a wonderful bis sister!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

That picture of Liv cracks me up! She is going to be a great big sis!

2 Weeks!