Don't be too alarmed yet! I'll give you the run down day-by-day.
Thursday
Adam and I came in for our weekly appointment and found out that I had dilated a little more since last time they checked me a couple of weeks ago. I was just under 3 cm were before I was just under 1 cm. Then we went to ultrasound to have biophysicals done on all the babies. (An in depth ultrasound making sure each one is practicing breathing, moving, and so on.) And they all passed, but they have also all made there way into head down position. After that they decided to take us over to Labor and Delivery to monitor the babies heart rates and to see if I was having any contractions. They also wanted to start giving me a round of steroids that will help the babies lungs develop if we were to go into labor early. So they monitored us and found that the babies were looking pretty good but I was having contractions about 8 or so minutes apart. That is when they decided that they would keep me overnight and possible until Saturday we had finished the steroids.
Friday
We started the morning off by monitoring the babies again for an hour. They were still doing ok, but my contractions were coming a little closer. So they decided to give me a short break and then hook me back up to the machines and monitor me again for 3 hours. Let me tell you it is not easy laying in a labor/delivery bed for three hours not being able to move more then a couple inches this way and a couple that way, and keeping they babies rounded up enough that we can get a continuous heart rate on each of them at the same time! These babies are ACTIVE! But we made it through and my contractions weren't quite as consistent this time. Dr. Yankowitz still had a few concerns though and so it was decided that I would go back on the monitors again for another hour. This time they had me move into a new room were they just got a new machine that they could monitor all three babies at the same time. I was the first one that got to test it out and it worked pretty smooth! Anyways, after that, they gave me the last shot of steroids for the babies lungs and then checked me again. Since coming in Thursday they think I have dilated just a little bit more to now being just over 3 cm. But since my contractions had gone down and the babies were looking good they decided that they could move me over to the "floor," that apparently is were you go if you are on bed rest or after you have your baby. But I am still not on bed rest just hanging around for observation. (Not that I've been doing a lot of shaking and moving!)
After they moved me I had three wonderful guests brave the snowy weather and stop by. My amazing husband, beautiful daughter, and wonderful mommy. It was so good to see them but I was very sad when it was time for them to leave.
Saturday
Didn't sleep very well last night. Had terrible heartburn keeping me up and waking me more the once. Finally, I gave up at around five this morning. Dr. Griener just stopped in and didn't say much. I have been having some more contractions again this morning so while they had originally thought I might be able to leave today it is looking more like I could be in here for a while. It seems as though they are a little concerned that I may be in the "pre labor stage." But depending on the person, that can last a few hours or days. So we will just have to wait and see. It's all in God's hands now! I know we would all love for them to stay inside a little while longer but if it is time, it is time!
"For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Well that is all I've got for now, but I will be doing my best to keep you all posted on how things are going.
Nicaragua Trip ~ Part 3
2 years ago

10 comments:
Hey Sue Ann, We are praying hard that they will stay in a little longer, but if they do come early you are in the best place you can be. We will keep checking for updates. Hang in there and let us know if you need help with Olivia!
Jocelyn, Nate, Brady, Owen & Mabry
I cannot imagine how hard these next few hours, days, weeks could be! It's easy to say "its for the babies" if your from the outside looking in! So we will just keep praying for you and these precious little beings with such cute names :) We are coming to stay with my sister the 6th 7th and 8th of March. I was planning to come and see you guys but I could be coming to the hospital! I'll get in touch closer to then, I'll keep checking in on you and pray for you all!! Take care!!
Love....Amber
Amber
Praying, praying, praying! We love you!
Praying for you and your sweet babies! I know that God is holding onto all 4 of you tight!
It was so great getting to talk to you last night - Ill call and check on you soon. Wish I could come keep you company! Love you all to pieces!
I have been thinking about you all, all week since I left wondering when they will come. You all are in my prayers. I know I am 6 hrs away but if you need anything please let me know.
God Bless,
Karen
Hey Sue!
Thanks 4 the update I have been going crazy since your text but didnt want to bother you cause I remember how you feel (well sort of with only 1) We love you and are thinking of you every day! They will be here before you know it and just remember everyday they stay in is a day they get stronger! Love the names! Hayden was our girl name we had picked out :)
Keep us posted! Call if you get bored!
Love, Erika
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE BALENTINE, AS I LIKE TO SAY. SOOOO CUTE OF YOU AND PNUT. BUT YOUR BELLY (YOU STINKER) IS BARELY BISIBLE. IF YOU WANT ME TO COME SIT WITH YOU I COULD BUT I HOPE YOU GET YOUR MESSAGES IN THE HOSPITAL.
WHATS PNUT THINK? I PRAY FOR ADAM YOU AND PNUT ALWAYS AND WHAT YOU TO FEEL THE "PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING" TAKE A DEEEP BREATH AND FEEL IT.
I FEEL CLOSER TO WHEN I PRAY SO HELPS ME DOO IT MORE.
I COULD CALL BUT DON'T HAVE YOUR NUMBER. OR IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT. IF SO GIVE IT TO ME AND I WILL.
JEEPERS BOYS
AND GIRLS
LOVE YOU DEBI
Oh my goodness! I had a feeling something might be up! i called you the other day but didn't hear back... I kept thinking, "what if she's in the hospital having the babies!!!" Well, We'll pray for them to keep on cookin, but like you said, if it's time, it's time! We'll also be praying for a smooth delivery! We love you!!!!!!
OH, and I meant to tell you, WE LOVE THE NAMES!
Post a Comment