Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween and the Switch Witch


Trick-R-Treat!

This year we have (left to right): Hayden as Princess Aurora, Jonathan as Johnny Football, Olivia as Vampire Rapunzel, and Hannah as Wedding Rapunzel. 

Since Hannah was sick earlier this week she stayed home to answer the door for me so I could hand out the candy. Adam was then assigned to take the rest of the kids trick-r-treating. Adam and I decided to give the Switch Witch a try this year and hoped that the kids would go for it. We let them pick out 5 of their favorite pieces of candy to keep but then they had to put the rest in a bag for the Switch Witch. The Switch Witch then takes the candy during the night and leaves behind presents. It felt like Christmas the next morning! The kids were up early and running around with excitement to see what the Switch Witch had left them. Success! But now what's a mom to do with all that chocolate hidden up high???  I think we all know exactly what's going to happen with the chocolate...it will slowly start to disappear from it's secret hiding spot during preschool, rest times, and bedtimes and then quickly start reappearing on my butt, hips and thighs. :)


The Switch Witch left Hannah a Hello Kitty alarm clock, Olivia and Hayden a fancy mirrors, and Jonathan a superman bank and alarm clock.


The Switch Witch will definitely be coming back next year and I will be taking advantage of it for as long as I can!

No comments:

2 Weeks!